A classic blue-cheese steak combination with delicious baby potatoes prepared to perfection! The balsamic tomatoes round off the dish beautifully.
Grilled Flank Steak with Garlic Glaze, Blue Cheese and Pan-Seared Buttered Potatoes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Medium
- (5 /5)
- 2 Rating
- For Steak:
- 2 pound whole flank steak, trimmed of excess fat
- salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup avocado or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- Crumbled blue cheese
- For Buttered Potatoes:
- 2 pounds whole baby potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- For Balsamic Tomato Topping:
- 1 large heirloom tomato, diced
- 2 green scallions, diced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- In large bowl, whisk together all ingredients for marinade sauce. Coat steak with sauce and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes OR alternatively marinate the steak covered overnight in the refrigerator.
- When ready to prepare steak, remove meat from marinade and pour marinade out into small saucepan. Season steak generously with salt and pepper. I use an outdoor gas grill preheated to low/medium heat or at about 400F. Place seasoned steak onto hot grill and cover. Grill 4 minutes on each side for a medium/rare, more for well done. Remove from grill and let meat rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Cook reserved marinade sauce over low/medium heat, whisking occasionally until thickened and reduced in half, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place whole baby potatoes into large pot filled with salted water. Bring to a boil and cook potatoes for 18 to 22 minutes until fork-tender. Drain. Heat an extra-large sauté pan over medium heat and melt butter. Add potatoes and season with basil, thyme, salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Using a fork or potato masher, press potatoes lightly to flatten. Continue to fry in butter, turning once, until golden brown on both sides. Keep warm.
- To prepare balsamic tomatoes, simply toss all ingredients in small bowl and salt to taste.
- To assemble dish, slice steak into 1/3 to 1/2-inch thick slices. Plate and top with glaze and crumbled blue cheese. Serve next to prepared potatoes topped with prepared tomatoes.