In the summer time, my mother would always grow young potatoes just for this dish and we would have it several times a week. I love making these potatoes because they’re simple and quick to make and always bring back warm childhood memories. Serve them as a side dish to accompany fresh grilled meat or fish.
Garlic Baby Potatoes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (4.5 /5)
- 2 Rating
- 2 pounds baby potatoes
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- small bunch fresh dill, chopped
- Wash potatoes and leave them unpeeled. Cut larger potatoes in half. Place into pot with chicken stock and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil and cook potatoes for 10 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, begin preheating a large frying pan to low heat and add several tablespoons of butter. When potatoes have cooked for 10 minutes, drain chicken stock and add potatoes to preheated frying pan. Season with additional salt and pepper and fry over low heat, covered, until potatoes begin reaching a golden brown color.
- Combine minced garlic and several tablespoons olive oil and brush garlic onto potatoes. Fry potatoes for several more minutes until they develop deep golden color and garlic is cooked. Serve hot with sour cream combined with dill.