These fish tacos are so refreshing and delicious! Making your own salsa and chimichurri definitely makes a huge difference!
Fish Tacos with Fresh Mango Salsa and Chimichurri
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Medium
- (5 /5)
- 3 Rating
- 2 large tilapia fillets, skinned and deboned
- salt and pepper
- chili powder
- For Salsa:
- 2 large, ripe avocados, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 green scallions, diced
- small bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 large, ripe mango, diced
- 1/3 cup red taco sauce
- fresh lime juice from 2 limes
- salt to taste
- For Chimichurri sauce:
- 1 extra-large bunch flat-leaf parsley
- small bunch cilantro
- 3 medium garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup avocado or olive oil
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- fresh limes
- Prepare chimichurri: Cut off the end stems of the parsley and place into blender along with remaining ingredients. Pulse on high speed until well pureed. Pour into a small bowl, cover and set aside.
- For salsa, simply toss all chopped, minced and diced ingredients gently in a large bowl and add salt to taste. Cover and set aside
- Preheat a large saute pan over medium heat and add a tablespoon of cooking oil. Season tilapia fillets well with salt, pepper and chili powder. Fry in preheated pan until well done, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove with slotted spatula onto paper towels to soak excess oil. Divide fish into 8 portions.
- I like to heat my tortilla shells when making tacos. Simply heat a small frying pan over medium/high heat and add a splash of oil if desired. Heat each tortilla shell just until golden brown on both sides.
- To assemble tacos, spread a generous amount of chimichurri sauce, top with fish, salsa, and cheese. Serve with fresh slices of lime and additional chimichurri sauce on the side.