If you love these savory pastries but don’t have time to make the dough, soft tortilla shells can be used in place of dough. These easy chebureki are just as good as the original recipe.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (0 /5)
- 0 Rating
- 8 small soft tortilla shells
- For Filling:
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 small onion, pureed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Canola oil for frying
- hot prepared mustard or horseradish for serving
- To prepare filling: add pureed onion, minced garlic, , egg, dill, salt, pepper and meat. Combine all ingredients very well to create even mixture.
- Preheat a large frying pan to low heat and add approximately ½ cup oil. While oil is heating, begin assembling pastries. Simply place approximately ¼ cup of filling mixture on one half of the tortilla flat. Spread filling evenly, forming a half moon shape and fold tortilla shell in half. Fry pastries in batches of 3 or 4 in preheated oil over low heat for 4 to 6 minutes until tortilla is golden brown, turning once. Remove from oil onto paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Serve warm with sour cream or hot mustard.