Spring is my favorite time of the year and this light pasta is perfect for lunch or dinner. The tomato sauce is made with fresh tomatoes then pureed to perfection.
Cherry Tomato Pasta
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (0 /5)
- 0 Rating
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion or shallot, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 10 to 12 yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH: dried oregano, dried basil, garlic powder
- sea salt and black pepper
- grated Parmesan cheese
- begin preparing pasta according to package directions - in well-salted water and add olive oil. Cook pasta until almost done, then drain and set aside to finish cooking in sauce
- Heat a large sauté pan to medium heat, add splash of oil and onion and garlic. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, then add tomatoes and continue sautéing until onion is golden brown. Add all seasonings, tomato sauce, milk and parsley - cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat and puree until smooth - add additional milk for consistency if desired. Pour sauce over drained pasta and return to stove top. Simmer over medium heat until pasta is done. Serve hot with parmesan cheese and fresh tomatoes.