Warm days are just around the corner and so are dinners and parties outside on the patio! This recipe brings back memories of Mexico, the ocean and warm summer evenings!
Avocado Shrimp Ceviche
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (0 /5)
- 0 Rating
- 1 pound extra-large raw shrimp
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 large, ripe avocados, diced
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 green scallions, diced
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- small bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- tortilla chips or soft tortilla rounds
- Peel and devein shrimp; leave several with tails on for garnish, if desired. Preheat a large pot of water to a simmer. Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes, just until they start to turn pink. Remove and shock in a large bowl of ice to stop the cooking process. When shrimp are cooled, place into small bowl and pour 1 cup lime juice over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Discard lime juice marinade. Chop shrimp and place into large bowl along with diced avocado, tomato, green onion, cilantro, salt, remaining lime juice and horseradish. Toss gently with a rubber spatula. Place into serving bowls and garnish with additional cilantro, lime slices and shrimp.
- Serve with tortilla chips OR preheat a large pan over medium/high heat and add a splash of olive oil. Heat the tortilla rounds until golden and crispy on both sides. Remove and slice into triangles for serving.