This ‘Cranberry Pistachio Pork Casserole’ is filled with nuts, dried berries, Fontina cheese and flavorful pork tenderloin! I partnered with Smithfield to bring you this delicious and warming comfort food recipe. I love using their Marinated Fresh Pork Tenderloin in Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper because it pairs perfectly with this recipe. Give this dish a try next time you’re craving for some cheesy comfort food! #ad #sponsored
For more delicious, seasonal recipes that are ready in a matter of minutes, try out some of these ideas featuring Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork:
Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork Tenderloin in Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper
1 pound rotini pasta
1 medium onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
1 cup cream
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon paprika
1 ½ cups grated Fontina cheese, plus extra for topping
1 cup grated Gouda cheese, plus extra for topping
½ cup chopped pistachios, plus extra for topping
½ cup dried cranberries, plus extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare the pasta per package instructions; drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Smithfield pork tenderloin.
- Remove the pork from packaging, then slice into 1-inch thick medallions. This will cut down on the cooking time.
- Preheat a large frying pan over medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Fry the pork tenderloin medallions for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the pork when done onto a clean tray.
- Prepare the sauce.
- Into the same pan, add the diced onion and minced garlic. Sauté for a few minutes, just until onion is translucent.
- Add the chicken broth, cream, salt, pepper, dried herbs and paprika.
- Bring the sauce up to a simmer for a few minutes.
- Assemble the casserole.
- In the same pan or in a large mixing bowl, combine the cheese, pistachios, cranberries, cooked pasta and cream sauce. Toss together until the pasta is well-coated.
- Transfer the pasta into a casserole baking dish.
- Arrange the prepare pork tenderloin over the top.
- Sprinkle top with additional cheese, pistachios and cranberries.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400F for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.